HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cavalry limit – open discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pirx
Evocatii

PostSubject: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Fri 13 Mar - 17:10

As this is the most disputable limit when it comes to each tournament rules, we want to know your point of view on that subject.

So please propose here your preferable limit and explain why you think it’s the best solution. Remember that the better your explanation will be, the bigger are the chances of applying your solution.

The discussion will be open until 18 March. Afterwards the judges will decide on 5 solutions which will be subject to a poll. In the poll each team (not participant) will have 1 vote for preferable solution. On the evening of 22 March the solution with most votes will be applied to the Battle Rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AKKF32
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Fri 13 Mar - 20:52

Would you want to face 20 cavs from the other side? I doubt it. Max 8 cavs each. Ideally max 6 each, this way it forces players to bring balanced builds.
Tagmata cav should be capped at 2 (or 1) as they are unique to ERE. They are not that good without them.
Sassanids and Huns, i'm just throwing a suggestion, should have a bigger limit on cavs. So if 6 max for all factions, Sassanids and huns should have max 8. Food for thought....
Anyways, great idea on this, maybe this will bring more people to the TW community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panda
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Fri 13 Mar - 22:44

6 melee cav max seem fair to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diplomatt
The King of Banter

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Fri 13 Mar - 23:23

I think it should be max 8 cav because you can beat an 8 cav build with 6 cav there's not like a massive advantage in taking more cav and it opens up the chance of more variety.

BxBaracus
Triarii

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Sat 14 Mar - 0:39

i would prefer max 6 , of course u can beat 8 cav with 6 but people (me included ) will just tend to bring the max of 8. Max 6 is perfect imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bebecho
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Sat 14 Mar - 1:42

Max 6 shock cavalry
Max 6 melee cavalry
Max 8 cavalry melee and shock cavalry
Max 1 Tagamata and Royal Lancers
With a limit of 6 cavalry nobody will use shock cavalry besides Burgundians, Sassanids and Huns
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pirx
Evocatii

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Sat 14 Mar - 12:23

Well, as much as I dislike cavalry based armies, I think that max 6 limit makes the game pretty predictable (most of armies will be based on melee cav, probably Germanic one). Moreover, this makes Germanic nations very powerful.

So I am up for rules which will make i.e. ERE of Sassanids equal in terms of cav with German factions. So I think ideas which are very interesting are:
- letting Sassanids and Huns take 8 cav,
- letting ERE take 1 or 2 Tagmata,
- agreeing on 8 cav (with max 6 shock or melee),
as this makes non-Germanic factions more powerful when it comes to cav. And as this game is mostly about cav right now, the games might not be all about Germanic factions (which are op on max 6 cav).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
[VLR] Blackfish Tully
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Sat 14 Mar - 12:31

I think, maybe there should be difference, between 1v1 and 2v2, because in a 2v2, with 6 cav per player we end up, with 12 upgraded Cavalry units and not much else, so why not make a general cap for cav there e.g 10, but do not limit it on the players.
I don't know if it will work, but it might encourage teamplay, as a team with one strong micro player could really get him to shine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pirx
Evocatii

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Sat 14 Mar - 12:42

As for limit for 2v2 per team, not per player, we discussed about it. There is one problem with that - you are right that this might end up with one cav based army and the second inf based army. This would give big advantage to this cav based army, as its easier to operate with 10 cav than with 5/5 of both armies. And I personally think that team play should be about using combined forces of each player (that is: inf, cav, skirmishers) than using different types by each player. Its just feels like there need to be bigger skill in winning cav battle by combining cav forces of 2 players, than by using 1 cav army.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VoidDragon
Swordsmen

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Sat 14 Mar - 21:12

Hi guys, I think that a max of 6 shock/melee cavalry in any combination is very fair and does not penalise factions with smaller rosters or those that do not have shock cavalry.

However I would argue that missile cavalry should be included as an additional category (unless they already fall under the skirmishers limit?). Allowing an additional 3 or 4 skirmish cavalry provides a buff for factions like the Huns and Sassanids.

Fully agree with the banning of Tagmata and Royal Lancers. The lack of Tagmata makes ERE a moderate faction, which I think is shown by their performance in Cup of Nations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diplomatt
The King of Banter

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Sun 15 Mar - 9:51

There is no need for a limit on skirmish cav because they're shit

William/Kaszanka
Hastati

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Sun 15 Mar - 18:15

In my opinion max 6 cav is great.

In 2v2 it's 12 cav Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pirx
Evocatii

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Tue 17 Mar - 13:53

Summing up the dicussion that take place so far - there are following options with regard the cav limit:
- max 6 cav (melee and shock),
- max 8 cav (melee and shock),
- max 6 cav, but max 8 cav to Sassanids and ERE,
- max 8 cav (melee and shock), however no more than 6 of each (melee or shock),
- max 6 cav, max 4 skirmish cav (not counted as foot skirmishers),

Very interesting ideas and discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pirx
Evocatii

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   Tue 17 Mar - 16:59

Ok guys, after some consideration, we decided to change rules regarding the poll for cav limit.

I guess people should know what is the cav limit before they register (as it is crucial for the team play). So, we will let all interested ppl to vote for cav limit (so not only for ppl already registered to the tournament).

The voting will start tommorow. If you have anything more to add, pls do.

The voting will end on 22 March. Also, we will extend registration until 29 March so that ppl knew what they register for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cavalry limit – open discussion   

Back to top Go down

Cavalry limit – open discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1